Markerless Motion Capture
iPi Desktop Motion Capture™ Details
iPi Desktop Motion Capture™ is an affordable markerless motion capture technology that literally puts motion capture at animator's desktop. You can shoot a video and produce 3D animation right at your workplace, using a typical PC and webcams. Animations created with iPi Desktop Motion Capture can easily be imported into popular 3D applications including 3D MAX, Maya, XSI, Poser and iClone. Free 30-day trial is available.
|Maximum number of cameras||Up to 4||Up to 6|
$990 Limited Time!
Upgrade from Basic Edition: $490
|Technical Support||6 months of free email-based technical support. Additional support from Meta Motion||6 months of free email-based technical support. Additional support from Meta Motion|
|Software Updates||1 year of free updates within the same major version (e.g. 1.x)|
|* Price includes software only. Cameras, USB cables and other equipment separately.
At a minimum, iPi Desktop Motion Capture software requires a system with the following:
- CPU: x86 compatible (Intel Pentium 4 or higher, AMD Athlon or higher)
- Operating system: Windows Vista or Windows XP
- Video card: Direct3D 10-capable (SM 4.0) gaming-class graphics card (GeForce 9800 GT or Radeon HD 4850 or faster recommended- the faster the better).
- Cameras: Webcams or DirectShow-compatible USB or FireWire cameras
- Please visit this link for more hardware recommendations.
MPEG1, MJPEG, MPEG2, MPEG4, AVI, WMV
- Biovision .BVH
- 3D MAX Biped-compatible .BVH
- Valve Software's Source Engine animation .SMD
- Other formats coming soon
Video Recording Conditions and Environment
- Indoor and outdoor
- Normal lighting conditions
- No markers required
- Video can be recorded at 320x240 at 30 frames per second
Actor Clothing Requirements
Performer can wear reasonable casual clothes. Form-fitting solid-color clothes recommended. Jeans and T-shirts are supported.